Thursday, February 5, 2015

Changes

Changes, changes all around,
Up above and on the ground.
Sometimes I look around and see,
Everything is different, even me.
But then I think that I'm the same,
And it seems to be some strange game,
That others play and leave me out,
A game of chess where they move about.
But I'm still standing completely still,
And I don't understand how I will
Ever figure out this shifting world,
That seems so strange as it unfurls.
Does everyone fell like a leaf at times,
Battered and blown without reason or rhyme?
I wish that I could just yell "freeze!"
And take a moment just to breathe.
To feel like I can catch up a bit,
A moment to myself where I can just sit
And be me in this time and space,
Not constantly reacting with a brave face.
But the world and time offer no such breaks,
The clock ticks on and so I'll take
One deep breath and then one more,
Until I can accept feeling unmoored.
Tomorrow will be better, there's hope for today,
I'll just keep breathing until I find my way.

1 comment: