Thursday, January 8, 2015

Christmas Card Poems

At the (somewhat) last minute this year I decided to send out homemade Christmas cards to family and a couple of friends. No card is complete without a message inside and to complete my year of poetry writing, I decided to write my own poem, one for the two judges who would receive cards and one for everyone else. Now, I can't take all the credit here. Upon hearing my idea, my mother insisted that rhyming judge and nudge was a must. Well, I couldn't resist the challenge. Here are my efforts...

Christmas Card Poem 2014

A happy holidays to you, my dears,
And many joys in the coming year.
I hope this card finds you well,
And able to sit and rest a spell.
Now put your feet up by the fire,
And enjoy a cup of hot apple cider.
Then think of me doing this too,
And it's as if we're together, just me and you.

Judge's Christmas Card Poem 2014

Take this card as a little nudge,
To take some time for the holidays, Judge.
Put away the long black robe,
And enjoy the festivities at your abode.
You deserve some time off too,
To rest and relax, to feel renewed.
I hope your holidays are filled with cheer,
And I'll see you soon, in the new year.


No comments:

Post a Comment