Thursday, August 13, 2015

Adventure Awaits

You claim you're very hurt,
You clench you side in pain.
You sneak a peek at faces all around,
Seeking sympathy in vain.

For I know all your tricks,
You use to get your way,
To gain freedom from the drudgery,
And escape this hellish day.

Of course a bargain could be struck,
If you're willing to make a deal,
Take me with you out of here,
And I swear my lips are sealed.

For adventure awaits beyond these walls,
It's calling out my name.
Singing a lovely siren's song,
Of glory, fortune and great fame.

I ask you now, what will you choose,
What will you decide to do?
Stay here, cooped up with no hint of fun,
Or bravery, courage and derring-do?

No? I knew you'd see the light of day,
Now just follow where I lead,
And grab your stomach one more time,
For you are sick, it's clear to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment